Thursday, October 23, 2008

EXIT POLL: TV Sitcoms

1. If I had more picks, I would've also drafted:
1) Murphy Brown, was timely, and called out Vice President Dan Quayle for being an idiot, after he slammed the show, saying it taught women bad morals since the lead character was a single mother. But that asshat can't even spell potato. And the next morning, fans of the show left crateloads of spuds in front of the White House. That is the power of media my friends.
2) ALF, what can I say...I have a thing for puppets....no not that kind of thing...
3) Frazier, bar none the BEST spinoff show EVER!
4) Mr. Belvedere, because Bob Uecker went from a MLB catcher, to a sitcom star in this show, based on his disapproval of the "gay" British housekeeper who mysteriously showed up on thier porch one morning's influence over his kids. His other acting credit comes in the Movie Major League, where he plays the radio broadcaster for the Indians (Juuuuust a bit outside, he tried the corner and missed...), and he STILL does the actual radio broadcast for the Milwaukee Brewers, a position he has held since 1971.
5) And wiki listed Batman as a sitcom. I guess it fits the parameters, so I must include it as that show was just flat out funny, theater of the absurd, and full of campy kitchy nonsense, with the added perks of pulling from the Batman mythos, and his great gallery of Rogues!

2. The Steal of the Draft (SOTD), meaning the best pick late in the draft at the best value, was:
SOTD: Aside from my Night Court pick, I have to go with Ern taking Fresh Prince to start off the final round. Great show, great pickup late.

3. Other than my own team, my favorite team somebody drafted is:
Favorite: Roughnecks
Reason: I was torn between Seinfield and Simpsons for my first pick, knowing there was no way I would get both, and he got the Simpsons, plus he snagged my sleeper britcom Fawlty Towers before I could, and I like his other three, Married with Children, South Park (at least I like the first couple seasons) and while I have never seen 30 rock, I have heard good things
4. At the risk of revealing my pick for future drafts, my favorite TV theme song is/was:
Favorite: I have to go with M*A*S*H here...suicide is painless.

Cause growing up, I just heard the music, and I thought, meh, catchy, but not flashy.

But then in college when I watched the movie and actually heard suicide is painless, and knowing how it played into the movie, it cemented in my brain how much I really dig that tune.

No comments: